PR#2862: Configuration Table using Spreadsheet

Post here if you have re-based and finalised code to integrate into master, which was discussed, agreed to and tested in other forums. You can also submit your PR directly on github.
hasecilu

Re: PR#2862: Configuration Table using Spreadsheet

Post by hasecilu »

Is it possible to use strings in a configuration table?
A usecase would be to create a configuration table in which a column of data have metric sizes (i.e. M5, M6, M8, etc) to be used with the Hole feature of the PartDesign WB. For the moment the Hole feature in the Size drop-down list don't accept Expressions, but if it does it could retrieve the "Mx" string and update the bore, thread, countersink sizes accordingly.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

hasecilu wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:09 pm Is it possible to use strings in a configuration table?
A usecase would be to create a configuration table in which a column of data have metric sizes (i.e. M5, M6, M8, etc) to be used with the Hole feature of the PartDesign WB. For the moment the Hole feature in the Size drop-down list don't accept Expressions, but if it does it could retrieve the "Mx" string and update the bore, thread, countersink sizes accordingly.
Yes sure. Almost all properties can be bound by expression. It's just that not all of them are exposed to the editing task panel. Use property editor to find the 'ThreadSize' property of the hole, right click the property name and choose 'Expression...'.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
hasecilu

Post by hasecilu »

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the late response, afk.
I have follow the steps and it worked, I didn't know about this feature. Last days I have been modelling some parts for the FreeCAD library and this is very helpful. Also now I remember that is possible to attach Expressions to Body names...